Possessing a Weapon May Increase the Punishment for Other Charges
Anybody arrested for suspicion of committing one of many different types of crimes and using a gun or weapon during the event will find themselves facing much tougher penalties. As just one example, simple assault from a bar fight would be escalated to a charge of aggravated assault and possibly attempted murder if police find you had a gun with you during the brawl. Other types of crimes that the Minnesota gun crime attorneys at Sieben Edmunds Miller defend against are:
Minnesota Gun Crime Attorneys
Sieben Edmunds Miller stand ready to defend people who face any criminal charges that relate to gun rights and weapons. Police and prosecutors may charge you with:
- Gun permit denials
- Unlawful possession of a firearm
- Carrying a gun without a permit
- Negligently storing a firearm
- A minor possessing a firearm
- Brandishing a weapon in public
- Recklessly discharging a weapon
- Carrying a weapon while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Having a loaded weapon in a vehicle
- Illegally transporting a gun or weapon
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Assault with a dangerous weapon
- Violating federal firearm laws including possessing an automatic weapon
- The unlawful sale of a firearm
- Making a false statement on a firearm application
- Recklessly discharging a firearm within a municipality
- Endangering someone while discharging a weapon
Minnesota and Wisconsin Gun Laws Are Complex and Confusing
Because gun and firearm laws in Minnesota and Wisconsin are so complicated, police often charge somebody with a violation when they were not doing anything wrong. If this happens to you, do two things:
- Say nothing to police without a lawyer present. The police are not your friends, no matter how relaxed or casual they may seem. They are trained to do this so you inadvertently say something that will be used against you in court.
- Contact a gun crimes lawyer at Sieben Edmunds Miller immediately. Being arrested or charged with any gun crime is very serious. You could be facing a lengthy prison sentence and stiff fines.
We have the experience you need to defend you against the charges, protect your legal rights, and minimize the potential penalties. rights, call one of our experienced gun crime lawyers as soon as possible at (651) 994-6744. We will protect your rights.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
We are here to help. Let us evaluate your case for you. Free of charge – no obligation. Complete our free case evaluation form or call us directly at (651) 994-6744.
Recent Blog Posts
If you or a loved one is facing a DWI or an alcohol-related driving offense, a thousand questions are probably running through your mind. This article is designed to guide you to ask the important questions. Starting down the path to success with your DWI early on can...
Receiving a speeding ticket may not be quite as severe as some of the criminal defense charges we defend our clients against, but it’s inconvenient nonetheless. No one wants an offense on their record because they were driving just a few miles per hour over the limit....
Charges such as assault, domestic assault, strangulation, and threats of violence are jarring to receive. These are serious, fact-specific charges that should always be handled by a Minnesota assault criminal defense lawyer. The stakes in an assault case are...
Please join the Sieben Edmunds Miller team in congratulating our own Kevin Sieben, who was recently elected President of the Minnesota Society for Criminal Justice! This is a great honor afforded by an organization with a long and prestigious history in Minnesota....
We all know the feeling of dread when you see those flashing police lights in your rearview mirror. Even if you haven’t done anything wrong, you start to question yourself. Unfortunately, even when you obey all traffic laws, you may end up with a traffic ticket. The...
Sieben Edmunds Miller has been awarded the 2021 Readers' Choice Award for Best Attorneys by the SUN ThisWeek newspaper’s Burnsville/Eagan edition. The winners represent select categories of businesses in the Burnsville/Eagan area, and were nominated and voted on by...