Possessing a Weapon May Increase the Punishment for Other Charges
Anybody arrested for suspicion of committing one of many different types of crimes and using a gun or weapon during the event will find themselves facing much tougher penalties. As just one example, simple assault from a bar fight would be escalated to a charge of aggravated assault and possibly attempted murder if police find you had a gun with you during the brawl. Other types of crimes that the Minnesota gun crime attorneys at Sieben Edmunds Miller defend against are:
Minnesota Gun Crime Attorneys
Sieben Edmunds Miller stand ready to defend people who face any criminal charges that relate to gun rights and weapons. Police and prosecutors may charge you with:
- Gun permit denials
- Unlawful possession of a firearm
- Carrying a gun without a permit
- Negligently storing a firearm
- A minor possessing a firearm
- Brandishing a weapon in public
- Recklessly discharging a weapon
- Carrying a weapon while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Having a loaded weapon in a vehicle
- Illegally transporting a gun or weapon
- Felon in possession of a firearm
- Assault with a dangerous weapon
- Violating federal firearm laws including possessing an automatic weapon
- The unlawful sale of a firearm
- Making a false statement on a firearm application
- Recklessly discharging a firearm within a municipality
- Endangering someone while discharging a weapon
Minnesota and Wisconsin Gun Laws Are Complex and Confusing
Because gun and firearm laws in Minnesota and Wisconsin are so complicated, police often charge somebody with a violation when they were not doing anything wrong. If this happens to you, do two things:
- Say nothing to police without a lawyer present. The police are not your friends, no matter how relaxed or casual they may seem. They are trained to do this so you inadvertently say something that will be used against you in court.
- Contact a gun crimes lawyer at Sieben Edmunds Miller immediately. Being arrested or charged with any gun crime is very serious. You could be facing a lengthy prison sentence and stiff fines.
We have the experience you need to defend you against the charges, protect your legal rights, and minimize the potential penalties. rights, call one of our experienced gun crime lawyers as soon as possible at (651) 994-6744. We will protect your rights.
Get a Free Case Evaluation
We are here to help. Let us evaluate your case for you. Free of charge – no obligation. Complete our free case evaluation form or call us directly at (651) 323-2464.
Recent Blog Posts
Please join the Sieben Edmunds Miller team in congratulating our own Kevin Sieben, who was recently elected President of the Minnesota Society for Criminal Justice! This is a great honor afforded by an organization with a long and prestigious history in Minnesota....
We all know the feeling of dread when you see those flashing police lights in your rearview mirror. Even if you haven’t done anything wrong, you start to question yourself. Unfortunately, even when you obey all traffic laws, you may end up with a traffic ticket. The...
Sieben Edmunds Miller has been awarded the 2021 Readers' Choice Award for Best Attorneys by the SUN ThisWeek newspaper’s Burnsville/Eagan edition. The winners represent select categories of businesses in the Burnsville/Eagan area, and were nominated and voted on by...
A sexual assault charge has a certain stigma in our society; the shame the alleged perpetrator feels functions as a deterrent from committing this act more than once. However, those charged with sexual assault are often “tried” by their communities before a jury even...
Most of us who drive a car or truck have received a traffic ticket at some point. One minute you’re on the highway going a few miles per hour over the limit, and the next you’re pulled over with a freshly issued fine. Traffic tickets and minor violations are generally...
2020 was a challenging year, but the attorneys at Sieben Edmunds Miller were touched to see so much generosity and compassion in our communities during this difficult time. In the spirit of giving back, Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC is proud to announce the formation and...