PROGRAM EXTENDED TO MAY 31, 2020
Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC is excited to announce that we will offer Reduced Fee criminal expungement legal services to those who have lost their job due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Thousands of Minnesotans live under a cloud because of a past mistake. While many individuals with prior criminal records can go on to successful careers, the COVID-19 Pandemic has now caused many of them fall back into joblessness. Then suddenly that long-forgotten criminal record comes roaring back as they try to reenter the workforce and submit to background checks.
We Really Are Offering Reduced Fee Expungement of a Criminal Offense
This is where Sieben Edmunds Miller comes in. Our law firm practices exclusively in the areas of criminal defense and personal injury. Part of our criminal defense practice includes representation of former or new clients seeking expungement of past criminal records. Now, as all of us try to navigate this new reality under the pandemic, we want to do our part to help our neighbors get through this difficult time. We will use our experience and expertise to help those who have lost their jobs and we are going to do it for a reduced fee.
How You Qualify for our Reduced Fee Expungement Service
As mentioned, there are thousands of people across Minnesota that have a criminal record of some kind. We know that we cannot help everyone. So, the following criteria must be met in order to qualify for our reduced fee service:
- Cases in Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Goodhue, Hennepin, Ramsey, Rice, Scott, and Washington Counties
- Must meet statutory criteria for expungement (Minnesota Statutes Chapter 609A)
- Repeat DWIs and DWIs within the last 10 years are excluded
Do You Qualify? Complete our Expungement Questionnaire →
Even if you don’t fully qualify for the reduced fee program, we encourage you to contact our Sieben Edmunds Miller team of attorneys. In normal times, expungement legal representation is typically in the range of $3,000-4,000 through our law firm. We will still offer reduced fee representation to those that do not meet the criteria for our free service.
We look forward to the day we can all say that the pandemic is over and that everyone can get back to work. But in the meantime, as so many of our friends and neighbors have lost their jobs due to COVID-19 and are forced to put themselves back on the job market, we want to do what we can to help.
If you are interested in our service, please click this link and fill out the questionnaire completely.
- For most cases you will be required to pay a court filing fee in the range of $300.00.
- The expungement court process is lengthy. It will take at minimum six months to reach a final outcome.
- Even if you are preliminarily determined eligible for the program, an attorney/client relationship shall not be established until a conflict check has been completed, and a retainer agreement has been signed by both parties.
- This reduced fee service will be provided at the sole discretion of Sieben Edmunds Miller PLLC.
- One case per client, except up to one additional case if in same county.