Michael Miller practices in all areas of personal injury litigation including wrongful death, premises liability, and auto accident litigation. Michael is admitted to the Minnesota State Bar and United States Federal District Bar. Michael is also a certified arbitrator for the American Arbitration Association.
Michael is active in many professional organizations and has been elected in a statewide election to serve as Minnesota’s State Delegate in the American Bar Association’s House of Delegates, the policymaking body of the national organization. He also serves on the Nominating Committee and the Conference of State Delegates Executive Committee. Locally, Michael has been selected to serve on the Minnesota State Bar Association’s Assembly and has also served on the Hennepin County Bar Association’s Board of Directors. Additionally, Michael has been elected a Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. The American Bar Foundation limits its Fellow membership to the top 1% of American lawyers, and even fewer become Life Fellows. Michael is also a member of the American Inns of Court — Minnesota Amdahl Chapter.
Michael has been named a Super Lawyer as published in Minnesota Law and Politics, Mpls St Paul Magazine, and Twin Cities Business. This award is given based upon the recommendations of Minnesota’s best lawyers seeking to identify an elite group who have demonstrated the highest standards of excellence. Only 5% of the state’s attorneys are named to the list. Michael was also selected by Minnesota Monthly as a Top Lawyer in 2022. Michael has been given the Top 10 Attorney award from the National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys for excellence in the field of personal injury. When Michael was beginning his practice he received Minnesota Lawyer’s “Up and Coming Attorneys” award reserved for attorneys who have distinguished themselves during their first 10 years of practice. Michael was one of only 25 honorees selected. Michael has also been named to the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
Michael joined Sieben Edmunds Miller after spending fifteen years at a large personal injury law firm in Minneapolis. While still attending William Mitchell College of Law, Michael served as a judicial extern in the U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, clerked for two Hennepin County District Court Judges, and represented clients through William Mitchell’s Civil Advocacy Clinic, successfully arguing before the Minnesota Court of Appeals. Michael has guest lectured/presented at the University of Minnesota Law School, University of St. Thomas Law School, and at Hamline University School of Law.
Michael is a member of a number of professional associations, including:
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- House of Delegates
- State Delegate
- Nominating Committee
- Conference of State Delegates Executive Committee
- House Committee on Technology and Communications
- Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Services
- Standing Committee on Lawyer Referral and Information Services
- State Membership Chair
- Liaison to Standing Committee on Membership
- Trial, Torts and Insurance Practice Section
- Long Range Planning Committee
- Plaintiffs Policy Task Force
- Leadership Academy
- Vice-Chair Automobile Law Committee
- Vice-Chair Trial Techniques Committee
- Vice-Chair Medicine and Law Committee
- Products Liability/Consumer Law Committee
- Young Lawyers Division
- Fellows of the Young Lawyers Division
- Leadership Advisory Board
- American Bar Foundation — Life Fellow
- American Inns of Court, Minnesota Douglas K. Amdahl Chapter
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- MSBA Assembly
- Elections/Appointments Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Judicial Elections Campaign Conduct Committee
- New Lawyers Section
- Leadership Council
- Executive Board
- Nominating Committee
- Minnesota State Bar Foundation-Board of Directors
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Board of Directors
- Finance and Planning Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Chair, Awards Task Force Committee
- Chair, Membership and Events Committee
- Hennepin County Bar Foundation
- American Counsel Association – Membership by invitation only
- Received 2022 Top Lawyers award from Minnesota Monthly
- Named a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers Publication 2021-2023
- Selected by Super Lawyers as Rising Star, annually since 2008
- Received Minnesota Lawyers “Up and Coming Attorneys” award, 2010
- Named to the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and to the National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Recognized as a Top 10 under 40 in the nation for excellence in the field of personal injury by The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District of Minnesota
- American Arbitration Association, Panel of Arbitrators
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.
- University of St. Thomas, B.A.
Recent Blog Posts
When pursuing a personal injury case, demonstrating the extent of damages incurred is a pivotal aspect that can significantly influence the outcome of your claim. While some damages, such as medical bills and lost wages, might be more tangible, other types of damages,...
Encountering a hit and run car accident can be a bewildering and distressing situation, leaving you uncertain about the next steps. Whether you are the victim or a witness to such an incident, understanding how to respond is crucial. Hit and run accidents present...
Navigating a personal injury case can be a complex and overwhelming experience for accident victims. From the moment an injury occurs to the final resolution, there are several crucial steps involved in the legal process. Understanding these steps is essential for...
Running red lights is a dangerous habit that can cause severe accidents and injuries. While some people may do it out of impatience or ignorance, it is crucial to understand the potential consequences of this behavior. In this blog post, we will explore the dangers of...
Now that warm weather is here, many Minnesotans will be heading out for bike rides around the neighborhood, the park, or to work. Unfortunately, sharing the road between cyclists and drivers can sometimes lead to accidents and injuries. To promote safer roadways and...