Michael joined Sieben Edmunds Miller, PLLC after spending fifteen years at a large personal injury law firm in Minneapolis. Prior to that, he served as a judicial extern in the U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, clerked for two Hennepin County District Court Judges, and represented clients through William Mitchell’s Civil Advocacy Clinic, successfully arguing before the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Michael attended the University of St. Thomas for his Bachelor of Arts degree before obtaining his Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota. He has been a guest lecturer at the University of Minnesota Law School, University of St. Thomas Law School, and at Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
Additionally, Michael has been elected a Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. The American Bar Foundation limits its Fellow membership to the top 1% of American lawyers, and even fewer become Life Fellows.
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Delegate
- Nominating Committee
- House of Delegates
- Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Services
- Standing Committee on Lawyer Referral and Information Services
- House Committee on Technology and Communications
- State Membership Chair
- Liaison to Standing Committee on Membership
- Trial, Torts and Insurance Practice Section
- Long Range Planning Committee
- Plaintiffs Policy Task Force
- Leadership Academy
- Vice-Chair Automobile Law Committee
- Vice-Chair Trial Techniques Committee
- Vice-Chair Medicine and Law Committee
- Products Liability/Consumer Law Committee
- Young Lawyers Division
- Fellows of the Young Lawyers Division
- Leadership Advisory Board
- American Bar Foundation — Life Fellow
- American Inns of Court, Minnesota Douglas K. Amdahl Chapter
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- MSBA Assembly
- Elections/Appointments Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Judicial Elections Campaign Conduct Committee
- New Lawyers Section
- Leadership Council
- Executive Board
- Nominating Committee
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Board of Directors
- Co-Chair Membership Committee
- Named a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers Publication 2021
- Selected by Super Lawyers as Rising Star, annually since 2008
- Received Minnesota Lawyers “Up and Coming Attorneys” award, 2010
- Named to the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and to the National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Recognized as a Top 10 under 40 in the nation for excellence in the field of personal injury by The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District of Minnesota
- American Arbitration Association, Panel of Arbitrators
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.
- University of St. Thomas, B.A.
Recent Blog Posts
Sadly, motorcycle accidents that cause serious injuries or death are relatively common because many drivers do not understand how to share the road with motorcycles. Sometimes drivers do not look for motorcycles before changing lanes or running a stop sign. Motorcycle...
Head-on car accidents are often severe. They may cause serious injuries and even death. Our head-on collision injuries attorneys in Minnesota often work with clients who have been injured in a collision and are experiencing a traumatic brain injury, broken bones,...
Alcohol affects our senses and reactions so drastically that having only one or two drinks can make it unsafe for a driver to get behind the wheel. Sadly, .0 use at bars and restaurants is so common in our society that many of us have been in a situation where we’ve...
We often hear from accident victims who were in the middle of a U-turn when they were struck and injured by another driver. Although this type of accident is common, there are many scenarios that can lead to the crash – and the same vehicle won’t always be responsible...
Personal injury car accident cases can be complicated, and the answer to who is at fault isn’t always clear to both parties. When a driver hits a parked car they are usually at fault, but what happens if the other vehicle is parked illegally? Imagine this scenario: a...
Not all fatal car accidents are due to negligence by the driver who caused the crash. Accidents happen on the road for many reasons which is why we all carry car insurance. In the case of a fatal accident, the decedent’s insurance will generally cover the immediate...