Michael Miller practices in all areas of personal injury litigation including wrongful death, product liability, premises liability, dram shop, and auto accident litigation. His high standards and extensive experience allow Michael to offer his clients superior representation and positive outcomes.
Michael joined Sieben Edmunds Miller, PLLC after spending fifteen years at a large personal injury law firm in Minneapolis. Prior to that, he served as a judicial extern in the U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, clerked for two Hennepin County District Court Judges, and represented clients through William Mitchell’s Civil Advocacy Clinic, successfully arguing before the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Michael attended the University of St. Thomas for his Bachelor of Arts degree before obtaining his Juris Doctor degree from William Mitchell College of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota. He has been a guest lecturer at the University of Minnesota Law School, University of St. Thomas Law School, and at Mitchell Hamline School of Law.
Additionally, Michael has been elected a Life Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. The American Bar Foundation limits its Fellow membership to the top 1% of American lawyers, and even fewer become Life Fellows.
Michael is a member of a number of professional associations, including:
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- American Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Delegate
- Nominating Committee
- House of Delegates
- Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Services
- Standing Committee on Lawyer Referral and Information Services
- House Committee on Technology and Communications
- State Membership Chair
- Liaison to Standing Committee on Membership
- Trial, Torts and Insurance Practice Section
- Long Range Planning Committee
- Plaintiffs Policy Task Force
- Leadership Academy
- Vice-Chair Automobile Law Committee
- Vice-Chair Trial Techniques Committee
- Vice-Chair Medicine and Law Committee
- Products Liability/Consumer Law Committee
- Young Lawyers Division
- Fellows of the Young Lawyers Division
- Leadership Advisory Board
- American Bar Foundation — Life Fellow
- American Inns of Court, Minnesota Douglas K. Amdahl Chapter
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- MSBA Assembly
- Elections/Appointments Committee
- Legislative Committee
- Judicial Elections Campaign Conduct Committee
- New Lawyers Section
- Leadership Council
- Executive Board
- Nominating Committee
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Board of Directors
- Co-Chair Membership Committee
- Named a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters Super Lawyers Publication 2021
- Selected by Super Lawyers as Rising Star, annually since 2008
- Received Minnesota Lawyers “Up and Coming Attorneys” award, 2010
- Named to the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers, and to the National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40
- Recognized as a Top 10 under 40 in the nation for excellence in the field of personal injury by The National Academy of Personal Injury Attorneys
- State of Minnesota
- U.S. District of Minnesota
- American Arbitration Association, Panel of Arbitrators
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.
- University of St. Thomas, B.A.
A Note From Mike…
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.
Recent Blog Posts
Spring is right around the corner, which means many of us will be spending more time outside. Our state’s four-legged residents also enjoy the warmer weather and many dog owners will be walking their dogs in the sunshine, while others will leave the dogs out in their...
When the keys to the family car are handed over to a teen, it’s exciting for them and terrifying for the parent! The freedom a kid has once they have their driver’s license can go to their head, sometimes causing them to cast caution aside. Then there’s the sense of...
A Minnesota wrongful death case can be difficult to navigate without the right allies. Many wrongful death cases will ultimately be against an insurance company, hospital, or another large organization with countless resources and an expansive legal team. That’s why...
While being injured in an accident can cause great physical pain and trauma, there is also the psychological toll such an injury can take. In fact, mentally and physically, it can take years of active recovery to feel like the person you did before the accident. In...
Snow is abundant in Minnesota winters, and when it snows, many bring their snowmobiles out (or rent them) and hit the state's 22,000 miles of trails. For winter nature lovers, snowmobiling can be sheer bliss. Snowmobiling is exceedingly popular in Minnesota....
When a family is reeling from a loved one's death because of the negligence, recklessness, or willful misconduct of another, money may be the last thing on their mind. Unfortunately, if you've faced funeral expenses, medical expenses, and the lost income provided by...